Let’s sort today into “almosts” and “alls”.
- I’ve almost lost ten pounds since moving to Korea. With the comments I get about my face looking smaller and smaller, I assume most of it is from my head.
- I needed to make a scan and after asking for assistance, the head teacher slid up next to me and said “biscuits” then deposited a stack of individually wrapped crackers in my hand. These would become my lunch. An almost lunch.
- S almost got me “work from home time” because she’s the real MVP. Almost. Request denied by the VP again so I will continue trekking to school. But at least I hear that teachers will work two days at school the next two weeks so I’ve roped S into having lunch with me.
- I realized today that I don’t even think about being naked when I’m in the women’s locker room anymore. I am all in for Eastern practicality. One step closer to being Korean.
- Lesson one of module one of the teaching program is complete!
- I heard high pitched voices and did a complete 180. My students! (They were not my students, or even children.)
- The military contract guy who will work with the special needs student whenever/if ever the semester starts, was tasked with taking down papers in the hall. I heard him rustling outside the class and peered through the window from my desk and we made eye contact. But I maintained the eye contact and then I couldn’t stop, in a weird show for dominance.
- I ate my all time favorite breakfast food (cold leftover pizza and eggs benedict are a close second):